The invalidity search is done to invalidate a patent in question by finding out potentially similar patent and non-patent literature. Businesses opt for this type of search to invalidate the grant of a patent, access the strength of a patent, fix appropriate royalty/licensing mechanisms, decide on mergers and acquisitions, and to avoid infringement issues.
We perform the following steps to perform invalidation/ validation searches:
- Identifying the claims of the patent that are in the scope of the purpose of the search.
- Identifying the prior art of the claims that are challenged.
- Identifying relevant keywords and classification for the questioned claims.
- Planning the search strategy.
- Identifying relevant prior art.
- Analyzing results.