Patent Portfolio Analysis
Patent valuation reports are instrumental in determining the value of one or more patents within a company’s patent portfolio, utilizing multiple parameters. These reports assess various indicators to define the strength and significance of a company’s patent portfolio. Some of the key parameters considered are:
1. Patent Activity: The overall number of patents in the portfolio and the rate of patent filings over time.
2. Technology Share: The extent to which the company’s patents cover specific technological domains.
3. Research and Development Emphasis: The alignment of patent filings with the company’s R&D focus.
4. Co-operation Intensity: The degree of collaboration and co-filing with other entities.
5. Share of Granted Patents: The ratio of granted patents to total patent applications.
6. Citation Frequency: How frequently the company’s patents are cited in other patents.
7. Relative Technology Share: A comparison of the company’s patent coverage against competitors.
8. Average Patent Quality: The overall quality and significance of the patents in the portfolio.
9. International Scope: The geographical extent of patent filings.
10. Technology Scope: The diversity of technology domains covered in the patent portfolio.
To determine the value of IP assets, we employ a multi-parameter “Rating & Scoring Approach,” resulting in a numeric score that reflects the overall strength and value of the company’s patent portfolio. This comprehensive analysis helps businesses make informed decisions about their intellectual property strategies, licensing opportunities, and potential investments.
Patent Monetization and Licensing
Licensing, selling patents, and establishing partnerships or joint ventures become streamlined and efficient with the high-quality and reliable patent monetization and licensing reports from Intellect Bastion.
To deliver comprehensive solutions for patent commercialization goals, we employ various methods to evaluate the accurate value of the patent. This assessment aids in determining the appropriate market selling cost of the patent. Additionally, our reports identify potential markets, infringing patents, and companies to which the patent can be licensed or sold.
With our expert analysis and reliable insights, clients can confidently pursue monetization opportunities for their patents. Whether it’s licensing, selling, or forming strategic partnerships, our reports empower businesses to make well-informed decisions, maximize the value of their intellectual property, and achieve success in the competitive market landscape.
Patent Portfolio Optimization
Patent portfolio optimization involves the thorough analysis of a company’s patent portfolio to identify patents with significant commercial value. By carefully assessing the patent portfolio, obsolete patents or those with low commercial potential can be filtered out. The analysis also sheds light on patents of high commercial value, enabling the company to focus on them strategically to boost revenue generation.
Companies seek the expertise of our experienced team for patent portfolio analysis to achieve various business objectives, such as:
1. Building strength in specific areas of technology.
2. Preventing or delaying competitor products through strong patent protection.
3. Leveraging the patent portfolio for licensing and generating additional revenue streams.
4. Strengthening the company’s position in negotiations and business dealings.
5. Attracting investments by showcasing a robust IP portfolio.
6. Ensuring a strong IP portfolio for fundraising, business transactions, exit strategies, and potential mergers and acquisitions.
Our approach to patent portfolio analysis and optimization encompasses a range of qualitative and quantitative methods, guaranteeing high-quality and reliable reports. By leveraging our insights and recommendations, companies can strategically manage their patent portfolios to maximize commercial value, protect their innovations, and drive business success.
Patent monitoring is a comprehensive process that includes competitor monitoring, legal status monitoring, technical monitoring, and market surveillance monitoring.
Competitor monitoring involves a thorough analysis of your competitors’ patent portfolios within a specific technology area or across the board. This analysis provides valuable insights and uncovers untapped business opportunities.
Legal status monitoring entails determining the current position of a patent, considering factors such as patent status, legal strength, remaining term, claim breadth, geographical coverage, infringement monitoring, enforcement measures, and ongoing legal proceedings.
Technology monitoring focuses on analyzing trends within a particular technology, providing a 360-degree view based on various parameters and perspectives.
Market surveillance reports assist businesses in securing licensing agreements, identifying unique technologies, testing innovations, finding potential substitutes, detecting infringing products, and identifying copycats that may infringe on patents.
By leveraging our patent monitoring services, businesses gain a competitive edge, make informed decisions, and stay ahead of the curve in their respective industries. Our comprehensive monitoring reports enable clients to navigate the intellectual property landscape effectively and maximize the value of their innovations.